Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 18 rated website blocker

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had the block removed last year so i could access betting websites on data as o2 block anything rated 18+ without you removing it

Just about to place a bet on my phone and the blocker message appears saying to call into the o2 shop or phone up to get the block removed. Thought it was strange as its been fine ever since i had it removed, but called in anyway and they confirmed it was already off. Showed him in the shop i cant get on betting sites and he didnt know why

Said to try and reboot the phone to force it off and on the network and this worked. Any reason the block would randomly appear even though its been disabled in my account? Weirdly it was only some betting websites too. William Hill was fine but Coral wasnt.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Same here. Went to log in to a site yesterday and blocked.

I talked to 02 and had it removed after a couple hours (and restarting my phone), then today the same thing is happening again and now they won't do anything. I wouldn't mind except this is not the first time it's happened and I need the 4G while I'm having a new phone line installed, working in the adult industry I'm losing my income while they mess me about, I can't even enter sites I own or my own stores I've been in Starbucks using the mall wifi for the past 4 hours.
Very angry about this happening two days running (possibly caffeine induced rage tbf)

Strange. Have you gone into flight mode and back out again (or reboot, anything to get you to reconnect to the network)? Seemed to work for me

Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke with Customer Services about this when I had chance and they said apparently anyone aged over 50 or had an Age Verification done after December 2015, apparently has something going really wrong somewhere, and it's random as well - either than or the Verification system on the website is playing havoc with your access points.

As for who or what went wrong, complaining to O2 won't get very far as you'll have to follow due process... as it's not them that sort it out, in the end: it's Eckoh - so tbh other than keep trying and eventually something will give in the system, I'd talk to them and see if they can figure out what's gone wrong.

(Taken from : http://news.o2.co.uk/2011/03/03/mobile-phones-and-age-verification-your-questions-answered/ - if you want more info)

Q: Who are Eckoh, why does O2 use them for their age verification system?
A: Eckoh (see www.eckoh.com) host and operate the WAP mobile, web and IVR interface for O2’s age verification system. They’re experts in this space, with many years of experience working with both mobile operators and content providers worldwide. Eckoh has provided components of O2’s age verification and parental controls systems for over 5 years. To Age Verify go to https://ageverification.o2.co.uk (web), or call 61018 (IVR). The WAP age verification service is only accessed if you are blocked when trying to get to 18+ websites on your mobile. (Updated 28 October 2013)

Message 12 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149522 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions
Sounds like a system glitch. They usually sort themselves out eventually.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 13