cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing text messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having problems recvieving text messages from other o2 users.  Sometimes they do come through eventually but generally they seem to vanish into the ether.  I know a friend sent me 2 messages yesterday and I have received neither

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It is not possible for O2 to intentionally be selective with blocking texts so the other option open to you is to try a sim swap and see if that helps.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome to the Community @Anonymous

Would you be able to advise what handset you have?
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Check you've not added them to any blocking specs in your phone and they have not done the same, although if so you really shouldn't be able to contact each other.

Try deleting the contact entirely and re add it slightly differently by keying in the contact name another way.

Also sometimes having your sim swapped can help. An O2 shop will do this for you.
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Try restarting your phone to refresh the network connection. Whilst phone is off remove and wipe the sim card too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have already tried restarting phone. It seems to be more a back offocxe problem as the same messages don't appear using tu go either.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It is not possible for O2 to intentionally be selective with blocking texts so the other option open to you is to try a sim swap and see if that helps.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6