cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2open discount only applied to tariff not handset

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in a bit of a pickle, i've recently come back to o2 and taken out a new contract online.

A family member gave me a code which was for a 30% discount on the plan, unfortunately nowhere during the process of ordering or activating this discount in store was it explained to me that this only applies to the airtime not the handset cost (o2 bill both seperately which is perplexing!)

If I had known about this then I would never have taken out such a higher tariff and would have opted to get a lower one, now that i'm 7 days out of my cooling off period i'm told that I can't change my tariff.

Any suggestions other than getting rather annoyed at another CSR?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

All I could suggest is if you can, pay off the phone on Refresh so you're out of tariff contract (as far as I understand) then go for a lower tariff and see if you can apply the code. Ask lots of questions before doing anything! Also I find the chat / phone CSRs give different angles, so try both.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

We are all customers here without access to accounts.

I'd suggest contacting O2 Cs on 202 to clarify.

Edit ; It's a shame your out of your 7 day cooling off period.
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Nothing you can do to change the rules. What you have found out now is correct and is explained in the T&C's.
You get billed separately because the airtime and phone are split to allow you to pay off the handset and upgrade it or walk away from the deal entirely, so if you are really stuck, pay off what you owe on the phone and cancel the airtime (at no further cost).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Open code faqs link https://o2open.co.uk/O2Open/servlets/ShowFAQ

Sorry forgot to add this in my 1st reply.
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

All I could suggest is if you can, pay off the phone on Refresh so you're out of tariff contract (as far as I understand) then go for a lower tariff and see if you can apply the code. Ask lots of questions before doing anything! Also I find the chat / phone CSRs give different angles, so try both.

Message 5 of 5