cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

message centre

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I switched from contract to PAY but my message centre number is still the contract one. When I change it payg one it goes back to contract one when phone is reset
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93321 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

That is the problem then, you need to pick up a P&G sim. The O2 store will transfer your number and tariff onto the correct sim card free.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
  • 93321 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

You have been given the wrong sim card as the message centre number is stored on it. Pick the correct on up in the O2 store.

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I never changed sim I still have same 1 just been changed to payg sim
Message 3 of 9

jonsie
  • 93321 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

That is the problem then, you need to pick up a P&G sim. The O2 store will transfer your number and tariff onto the correct sim card free.

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok cheers 4 ur help
Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 93321 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Glad to help slight_smile

Just to add, if you don't minf the delay you can order from customer service, though you would have to carry out a sim swap either by text or the online form.

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh ok. Nice one really appreciate your help
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, that saved me asking Smiley Very Happy Thanks for putting my mind at rest that it's an easy fix.

I had just spoken to o2 via the online chat and the guy said I had to take my phone into the store, they would do a factory reset and update the software on my phone. Smiley Frustrated I even stated that I'd imagine that the message centre number is somehow linked to the actual sim used but he said no, It's the software on the phone. Maybe it was his first day? lol 

Out of interest though, I already have a new sim I picked up instore. If I use it and do the sim swap to transfer my number to the new sim will everything transfer across? I didnt want the date I started the pay and go go go to reset because im already upto the 500mb of data mark. Starting fresh again next month on just 250mb would be annoying.

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions
The sim swap simply swaps everything (as it is now) to the new sim card. Nothing is reset or changed from an account perspective.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 9 of 9