Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lowering tariff

Andy_31
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been thinking about lowering my tariff costs from my current costs. Would I have to pay my bill first before asking customer services about a lower tariff?

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I do work for O2 slight_smile

Hi Andy_31, good news! based on the info you have given, if you are on a 24 months contract, that you took out in December 2011 you will be eligible to downgrade your tariff, by one stage, in December 2012.

If you are on an 18 month contract, you are eligible from now onwards to lower your tariff as you are more than 9 months into your minimum term.

Yeah, I think you better pay your bill too if its due wink

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

You can lower your tariff by one in your myo2 account. Normally by one level depending on how old your contract is.

Your bill will be reduced to reflect swapping your contract over to the new amount or it will just start at the beginning of your next bill period.

i should off actually asneered the specific question haha sorry. You can phone customer services at any point and theyll change the tarif to start from the beginning of your new billing period.

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you at the end of your contract then?

Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to clarify on what Liquid has advised, what they posted is correct provided that you upgraded or took your current contract out with O2 before March 2012, and you are more than halfway through your minimum term i.e 12 months into a 24 months contract

If you took it after March 2012, and your current tariff shows as Q1 12, unfortunately you are unable to lower your contract at all until your minimum term finishes, or your upgrade date is due - when you could move to a sim only tariff.

The reason for this is that all new tariffs O2 offered from March 2012 onwards came with the added 'term and condition' that you cannot lower your tariff at all until your minimum term expires.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but fingers crossed you will fall under the before crowd!

slight_smile

Message 4 of 14

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
That's the one march, is the cut off thank you miss Cahill:)

Just for my own knowledge are these minimum terms set it stone or changeable depending on tariff taken?

Eg;
12month contract change tariff after 9 months
24month contract change tarif after 14 months

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

No worries Liquid slight_smile

Sorry if this doesn't answer your question but feel free to query anything I write below if it doesn't make sense...

The minimum term agreed by the customer at the point of upgrade is set in stone, meaning that if they upgraded or took a new connection for a contract with O2 in April 2012 (after the new tariffs were launched in March) for a 24 month contract, they would not be able to lower the tariff at all throughout the 24 months, until the contract ends in April 2014 (minimum term expiry date) OR on their upgrade date which could be 1/3/6 months early at  the end of the contract. Their upgrade date all depends on which tariff they selected for their upgrade, as the new tariffs now dictate when a customer can upgrade.

e.g. the unlimited on and on tariffs only come with 1 month early upgrade, but some 18 months contracts come with 3 months early upgrades.

If the customer took the contract, or upgrade before March 2012 - what you have advised is correct as long as they are halfway through such as the examples you have posted above, would be examples of customers who would be eligible to lower their tariff.

Hope this makes sense! If not let me know slight_smile

Message 6 of 14

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Brilliant makes perfect sense thank you:)

I can advise more efficiently now:)

Cheers again.
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good stuff!

Glad to have helped out slight_smile

Message 8 of 14

Andy_31
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I took the contract out in December last year. I did look at adjusting the tariff but had no option to decrease the price. They will probably listen more if I pay November's bill before I ask.

Message 9 of 14

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

Do you work for O2 or just have an eidetic memory?

Message 10 of 14