cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why bother putting additional information on a repair - THE REPAIR TEAM IGNORE IT!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been having some issues on my GS2 with it freezing for 15 seconds and coming up with a "MAPSamsungServices" unexpectedly close.  I took it to a Samsung approved repairer and they reflashed it.  Still didn't fix the problem.

So, I took it to my local O2 store and asked for it to be sent away. The sales assistant wrote war and peace to tell the technician that it had already be flashed at an approved site....Today I check the status and would you believe it "Re-flashed is the repair comment" - talk about wasting my time.

Why have the comments box on there when you send things away if you don't even read them..

Extremely Annoyed!!!!!!

Rant Over 

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144157 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Yes, you can swap there and then in store....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope you feel a little better after that.

I concur it's frustrating and probably frustrating for the repair centre too.

If you still are not sorted then seek redress through 02's Complaints procedure.
Message 2 of 10

MI5
  • 144157 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
This was a common problem with ICS 4.03. I think it was related to SIM card errors. If the flash didn't fix it I would request a SIM swap.... may have been nothing wrong with the phone all along......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information.

When I pick the phone up can the advisor order a replacement SIM?

Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144157 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Yes, you can swap there and then in store....

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

MiamiGuy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 60 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

No matter what your problem is. No matter what you tell the repair centre, they will ALWAYS reflash the phone. This is protocol.

I'm a Telefónica UK (O2) employee but post in a personal capacity. As such, views are my own and not those of the company.
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately from my recent experiences with the repair centre they think that updating the software and giving back to you for you to check if the correct method of repair. 

I sent my galaxy s2 in for a few issues, even though I had informed O2 that I had removed apps and done a factory restore and updated the firmware. The repair centre ignored that and flashed it again upon recieving phone back I switched the phone on, checked the issue I had and it was still there ( took me 5 seconds) I checked the software level and it had not been updated above what I had already put on there. 

I sent it back and they fixed one of the issues which was the wifi but the phone still after battery has been depleted to just under 50% refuses to come out of sleep mode unless you do a hard reset. (yes I have tried a new battery). 

Bottom line is that the information O2 take from you is normally ignored by the repair centre. 

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

they dont repair phones at all, they send you a generic letter back with the phone saying they found the problem & updated your firmware, in other words, they havent touched it & you still have your original problem

Message 8 of 10

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
That battery issue is a wierd one steersy 😕
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144157 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

but the phone still after battery has been depleted to just under 50% refuses to come out of sleep mode unless you do a hard reset. 

I trust you don't use anything silly like Juice Defender etc.....?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10