cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi was hoping someone could give me some advice on the upgrade process. My contract renewal is 23 march but i am eligible for an upgrade now. I have looked through the upgrde options available to me through My O2 but have found a deal better suited to me on the carphone warehouse and tesco phone shop sites. Now im leaning toward the tesco phone shop deal (you receive a £50 gift card)even though it means changing my number (pain i know) my question is do I need to phone o2 to inform them? Im not sure if contract automatically renews on the 23rd? If so how do I go about doing that? Thanks in advance and apologies if this had been asked/answered somewhere else. 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you are opting to use Tesco's network you can keep your number. Call customer service and ask for your PAC code. Give this to Tesco and this will effectively end your contract with O2 once they use it. O2 will send you a final bill.

If you are just upgrading your O2 contract through Tesco you would keep your number unless you specifically ask for a new one.

If your contract comes to an end it doesn't renew but carries on, on a month by month basis which can be ended at any time by giving 30 days notice.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you are opting to use Tesco's network you can keep your number. Call customer service and ask for your PAC code. Give this to Tesco and this will effectively end your contract with O2 once they use it. O2 will send you a final bill.

If you are just upgrading your O2 contract through Tesco you would keep your number unless you specifically ask for a new one.

If your contract comes to an end it doesn't renew but carries on, on a month by month basis which can be ended at any time by giving 30 days notice.

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your quick reply. The deal is still on o2 network but the tesco phone shop dont give an option to upgrade so it will be a new contract hence the new number. Im under the impression o2 dont let you carry over your number if going from one pay monthly to another pay monthly, unless anyone advises differently? So do I have to phone to give my 30 days or is there an online option? Thanks 

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Get your PAC then get your new phone. Once you have the new phone call Tesco (or go into a store) and use your PAC to get the number transferred to your new Tesco contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's much better to call, 202 is free. They can transfer your number to a P&G sim which can then be transferred tour new contract at a later date I believe.

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks ill do that now 

Message 6 of 6