cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gsm alarm system

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, hope someone can help, i have just purchased a new GSM burglar alarm which has the feature to call or text if the alarm is activated, i need to put a sim card in the alarm and was going to use a pay as you go sim, can you get sims that are texts+minutes only as i would rather have extra texts and minutes as data will be of no use to me.

Thanks for all help received

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You would be best with a simply pay as you go tariff as that would just use credit to call or text.
https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go?cm_mmc=googleuk-_-PPC_Direct_Free_Sim-_-Brand-Core...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You would be best with a simply pay as you go tariff as that would just use credit to call or text.
https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go?cm_mmc=googleuk-_-PPC_Direct_Free_Sim-_-Brand-Core...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

evantkh
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 366 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Be careful there is an inactivity period for Pay As You Go SIMs.
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As long as you trigger the alarm so it sends a text at least once every six months it will stay active and the credit will never expire either.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

thats what i thought but thought i would ask 1st

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No problem mate.
Hope it works out OK for you.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Put your sim in a phone to receive the code to register your MyO2.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7