Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fraudulent text??

Aly22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi, I got a text from +44 7990 331246 saying the following: O2:We were unable to process your latest bill. In order to avoid fees, update your payment information via <Link Removed>

I have not clicked the link. instead, I logged into My O2 and discovered that my latest bill has been paid!! So either I am missing something and my payment hasn't gone thru, ooorrrr this is a scam!! any ideas guys?, proper anxious

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2Karl
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 285 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

Hi @Aly22 

Thanks for flagging this it is a known scam we are aware of this. Thank you for sharing!

If you could forward the text message, including phone number or company name, to 7726. It won’t cost you anything and it means we can investigate the sender.

signature

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

O2Karl
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 285 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

Hi @Aly22 

Thanks for flagging this it is a known scam we are aware of this. Thank you for sharing!

If you could forward the text message, including phone number or company name, to 7726. It won’t cost you anything and it means we can investigate the sender.

signature
Message 2 of 6

Aly22
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks so much, O2Karl!! And I have messaged it to that number so hopefully, it'll get sorted. 

Message 3 of 6

GazT
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yea I got the same, clicked the link and it takes you to a pretty convincing 02 page. Obviously not put in my details and came back to the real page but I can see a few people being duped by this!
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Gymbo
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yep I just got this too , checked my bill all ok but I had clicked on the link which wanted my address etc so got straight out of link.

I have forwarded to 7726 as advised , please get these people shut down and arrested 

Message 6 of 6