Did you mean: 

exchange device

Mark05
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

I have a new device coming tomorrow but when the order confirmation came i realised ive ordered the wrong model, ive since phoned 202 and told them i wish to exchange for the correct model the man told me i can either refuse delivery ( not too happy with this option ) or i can accept delivery and call them back up... so my question is whats the process as i need the phone asap due to mine becoming unusable daily.

do they send the new phone and i give the corrier the unwanted one? or do i need to cancel the contract completly and do a new contract?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144141 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Mark05 

You'll need to change under the 14 days policy https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Mark05
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

so i will need to ring them and say i want to exchange to such and such phone... they send a new phone out and i give the driver the old phone? 

im confused as the shops are currently shut due to covid 

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144141 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Mark05 

You'll need to return device and wait for O2 to clear the account, then repurchase the correct device.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

Mark05
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So would it be easier and quicker just to cancel that phone and contract completly and just reorder the correct one by myself? 

Sorry for all the questions.

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144141 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
It would be but O2 don't allow that.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Mark05
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thought as much nothing ever easy, thank you for your help i appricate it slight_smile 

Message 7 of 9

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35762 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Stop-press, if it helps: 

Looks like O2 have extended their return/right to cancel policy from 14days to 28days, including change of mind, until 31-May-2020:

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-returns-policy

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144141 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Sorry mate.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9