Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disconnected for a bill that is £0.00

Bingo99
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I upgraded through o2 switch up in November. I keep receiving letters and emails about disconnecting my phone due to an unpaid device plan, the letter didn’t include the amount I apparently owed but on further inspection I noticed the emails saying ‘Your device plan  is currently overdue. The outstanding amount is £0.00.’

Essentially, I am getting chased for a bill that is £0.00. I’ve been to a local store and they were useless, the number has now been blocked and removed from my online o2 account. I have another mobile number connected to the account which is my daughter’s, the line is still active and it’s the only phone number visible on my online account. When I look under credit agreements it shows that my previous phone agreement balance is £0.00 and the status is closed. I’m worried this will impact my ability to apply for future contracts and the impact it may have on my credit score. Today they tried to deduct almost £1300 from my account when I rang them to complain they said it was because of ‘bad debt’ but when they looked into it further they said it was strange as I’ve paid all bills on time and had no missed payments. 

Has this happened to anyone else?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7127 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1589 Solutions

Their payment system appears to be in meltdown at the moment.

Sadly, no O2 staff here now

Can only suggest keeping on at O2

You can get in touch with Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217 

Payment Management opening hours:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm

Sunday – 9am to 6pm

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

Bingo99
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, been on the phone to them back and forth today. Waiting on a callback that I doubt will happen. They’ve been able to tell me I’ve no missed payments and the whole things a mystery.

Message 3 of 4

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23547 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3749 Solutions

@Bingo99 Don't hold your breath waiting for them to call you. You need to pester Payment Management. Telling you you've no missed payments isn't good enough. Get them to put it in writing. A hard copy gives you proof and any backup needed should this incompetence on O2's part get taken any further.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4