credit score in default

burton
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi people,
My first time posting on O2 forum please go easy! Lol
I have to say o2 on the whole have been fine and delivered a good service, how ever I had my phone stolen last year, I decided to buy the rest of the contract out and start again. Recently I have tried applying for a mortgage and got refused my credit scores/rating has always been good. So I did a credit check and found o2 had but my old account into default for £5. This has elapsed 5 months and as soon as I found out I rang o2 and paid the £5 immediately, I have emailed the O2 credit referral as instructed and I'm waiting the ten working days for response. However after googling o2 account default, and realising this has happened to rather alot of people, I'm panicking! Has anyone in this situation had success? Any advice would be amazing.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
No need to panic. There are three things you can do here:

1. You have already done by contacting o2.

2. O2 Are able to put a note on to say that payment was received. Given the issues I think you have a good case for having it removed although only o2 can do that. If they refuse then send a complaint to complaintreviewservice@o2.com giving full details.

3. You yourself can put a notice of correction on your file with the three credit reference agencies and it is FREE to do. You contact each one, tell them the issue, they ask you to put it in writing then within 28 days of receipt of your letter (send recorded) your file will be updated so others can see why the default.

Good luck

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I default will stay on your credit file for six years if it was added incorrectly you need to complain to o2
Message 2 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
How to complain, if needed wink http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
No need to panic. There are three things you can do here:

1. You have already done by contacting o2.

2. O2 Are able to put a note on to say that payment was received. Given the issues I think you have a good case for having it removed although only o2 can do that. If they refuse then send a complaint to complaintreviewservice@o2.com giving full details.

3. You yourself can put a notice of correction on your file with the three credit reference agencies and it is FREE to do. You contact each one, tell them the issue, they ask you to put it in writing then within 28 days of receipt of your letter (send recorded) your file will be updated so others can see why the default.

Good luck
Message 4 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope you get it sorted
Message 6 of 12

burton
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
That's great thankyou for the advice, I will probably go down the complaint route. If I have no joy I will contact the three credit reference agencies. Thanks again
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your welcome good luck
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
You are very welcome. Please do come back and let us know how you get on.
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have sent this in email but due to the nature of this issue and the speed at which it needs to be resolved I need to post it here...

I have just spoken to an o2 representative, Tracey, who has referred me Credit File Referrals. I was an o2 customer up until June 2014.

I don't wish to share my details here - please refer to my email for all account details.

The reason I am contacting you is because on viewing my credit history, I have found that I have apparently defaulted on a payment to you - from nearly 4 years ago (September 2011).

According to Tracey, the amount that has been outstanding every month is £38.

I have received no communication about this amount that is apparently outstanding. The address you have on your records is correct, and I have lived here for nearly 6 years so there is no reason why I wouldn't have received a letter, if it had been sent and I had been a customer of yours until June last year so again no reason why I couldn't have been contacted by phone.

I have now had a mortgage refused as on viewing of my credit history, I have defaulted a payment every month for 4 years - something I was completely unaware of.

I would like this amount to be cleared from my records, and done as a matter of urgency - this is holding up a house purchase so I cannot wait, it needs to be done ASAP.

I can be contacted by phone - the number is on the email I have sent. Please call me with a resolution. I will be seeking legal advice if I don't hear back within 24 hours.

Regards,

Laura
Message 10 of 12