Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contracts through 3rd parties

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12607 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions

As I am nearing the end of my contract, I am considering my options.

Given the signal with o2 is pretty good my most frequently travelled areas I am leaning towards staying with them.

However, deals through o2 are not exactly competitive in terms of price when looking at 3rd party offerings (excluding the refresh part of the deal, not something I am likely to use) and considering total spend.

So, my long winded question is this - if I take a contract through a 3rd party, can I still use "fringe benefits" like Priority and o2 Wi-Fi?

My contract will still be with o2, just be brought elsewhere...

All help welcome!!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149132 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions
Everything is the same except refresh and no ability to use O2 Open or F&F discounts.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Cleoriff
  • 125821 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

You wont be able to get a refresh contract if through a 3rd party...though you will be able to use O2 wifi

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/A-Guide-To-O2-Refresh/m-p/877701/highlight/true#M6...

Many people are happy with a Refresh contract...Link above..

Edited to add t's and c's re Priority http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/other-products-and-services/priority-terms-and-conditions

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 21

MI5
  • 149132 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions
Everything is the same except refresh and no ability to use O2 Open or F&F discounts.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 21

gmarkj
  • 12607 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions

thanks both for the confirmation.

without naming where, the deal is to get a g4 on o2, unlimited calls/texts and 3gb of data for £31 pm. total cost is £744.

the deal with o2 is almost identical (same tariff but at £30.75 pm and total cost £718).

however, through the 3rd party there are a number of offers of cashback (automatic or redemption) that bring the total cost down to less than directly through o2 (one takes the total cost down to £636!!)

as I am unlikely to take advantage of the refresh part of the deal, if the other benefits of an o2 contract remain (o2 Wi-Fi and priority) my main concern is how much the total cost is over the contract period.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 4 of 21

MI5
  • 149132 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions
Yeah, that's exactly the way you should approach it and consider the overall costs against your needs.
The only reason my contracts are through O2 directly is because I get F&F discount that I couldn't use otherwise.
Message 5 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 125821 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

As you know @gmarkj we always advise to go for the deal that suits you best. If you are not interested in Refresh then, as you say, there are other more competitive deals to be had.... Best of luck whatever you choose  wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 21

gmarkj
  • 12607 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions

now it's just deciding which device to get - having had a note 4 for two weeks has thrown a massive spanner in the works.

@Toby - any chance of trying the LG G4 as well so I can do a comparison wink

Message 7 of 21

MI5
  • 149132 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions
The only reason to go Note 4 is if you will use the stylus functions, otherwise it's just like any other latest android, but bigger!
Message 8 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 125821 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
The only reason to go Note 4 is if you will use the stylus functions, otherwise it's just like any other latest android, but bigger!

Or if you are shallow like me you go for the size....and colour. (Which can be just as relevant to some folk) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 21

MI5
  • 149132 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions
You can't get the Note 4 in Merlot Red though wink
Message 10 of 21