Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

business Contracts

DomMcg
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi all i was contact last year by a third party representing o2, i was told my bills could be cut or given a better deal. i was offered a sim only deal increased data and rduced line rental which i though was great. however the deal was scrapped as o2 had with drawn that offer. i was still given the same deal but to keep my line rental the same. which i accepted, it was not until i looked over the paper work and realised it was a business account and now i am paying my normal line rental as before then with the added V.A.T which i cant claim back as i am not a business. 

has anyone any ideas on how i can leave this? as now they are contacting me to up grade and look at other ways to reduce my bill which  i do not want to do,   and anybody any idea how o2 allow third parties to contact personal account holders is this standard practice ?

any help would do 

thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's a standard scam from so called "trusted partners" such as Aerial Direct and others.
Your easiest way out is to not renew and cancel when due for an upgrade and never ever accept anything from a cold call in future.
If you want to upgrade, go in store or call O2 yourself.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@DomMcg I will tag @Martin-O2 to see if he can help 

but if  due an upgrade ring customer service and say you want to swap back to consumer tariff

@Martin-O2 another example of this bad practice from a trusted partner 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yet another customer ripped off. Surely the CEO should be informed of this scam and he should be doing something about it. These untrustworthy companies should be removed from the totally worthless list of trusted partners because they are dragging the O2 brand through the slimy mud.

I would be googling CEO O2 and emailing his office. If they get enough complaints through there then something might be done.

Step up to the plate and man up Mark Evans!

Message 4 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@jonsie I think you know my feelings echo yours how many more threads do we need on this subject before action is taken 

just sent a tweet to the ceo as well 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 8

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @adamtemp64

@DomMcg I can certainly get someone to look into this one. I'll need a few details so will drop you a private message. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Martin-O2

It's there no way to put pressure on O2 to stop these partner companies duping people and taking advantage of the vulnerable?

Message 7 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Martin-O2

It's there no way to put pressure on O2 to stop these partner companies duping people and taking advantage of the vulnerable?

I wish they would @jonsie....though it appears they are quite happy to allow this practice to continue.

Money talks at the end of the day Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 8