Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best tariff for infrequent use

bpb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have about £87 credit on my account, and as I have another phone which I use frequently, I only use the O2 one every 6 months for a chargeable call in order to retain the number (and the credit). My curent tariff is described as Pay as you Go / Favourite Place (no longer available to new applicants). I do not want to top up every month, given my high balance. I am thinking of changing to one of the tariffs below. (I did use the Guru online service but after 40 minutes with another simple query, I was given an incorrect answer, so I am reluctant to use this again).

Pay As You Go based

These are our classic Pay As You Go type tariffs that don’t include a monthly tariff allowance. You just need to top up, and every time you make a call, send a text or use data it will come off your balance at our standard rates. Examples of Pay As You Go based tariffs are Classic Pay As You Go, Original and Talkalot.

Any suggestions welcomed - thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Definitely change to classic tariff given your usage on that phone otherwise your credit will be building up even more with no way of getting it back unless you change to a monthly contract.

If you're an existing Pay As You Go customer, you can switch to Classic Pay As You Go in one of the following ways:

• text CLASSIC free to 21300
  • call 2202 free from your mobile
  • visit My O2.

You’ll be switched over on your next renewal date.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144358 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Classic PAYG is probably the best one for your needs.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Definitely change to classic tariff given your usage on that phone otherwise your credit will be building up even more with no way of getting it back unless you change to a monthly contract.

If you're an existing Pay As You Go customer, you can switch to Classic Pay As You Go in one of the following ways:

• text CLASSIC free to 21300
  • call 2202 free from your mobile
  • visit My O2.

You’ll be switched over on your next renewal date.

Message 3 of 5

bpb
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you very much, Jonsie. Very helpful - and I'll change to Classic PAYG now.

Message 4 of 5

bpb
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks very much,  MI5

Message 5 of 5