Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a32 died with a year left on contract

muckycherub
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I didn't have insurance (my mistake I now realise) but I still have a year to pay on a phone that's not fit for purpose? Does anyone know any recourse I might have to not pay this contract? I don't want to upgrade, am leaving O2 to get a better deal.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8008 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

Samsung offer 2 years warranty on their phones so if you are in that timeframe they should repair it.

If more than 2 years your only options are to get it repaired elsewhere or paying off what you owe and getting another phone.

Not paying is not an option if you want a phone in the future. O2 will just call in debit recovery 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Enlli
  • 8008 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

Samsung offer 2 years warranty on their phones so if you are in that timeframe they should repair it.

If more than 2 years your only options are to get it repaired elsewhere or paying off what you owe and getting another phone.

Not paying is not an option if you want a phone in the future. O2 will just call in debit recovery 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24025 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3774 Solutions

@muckycherub Check here to see if you're covered: Samsung Warranty Information | Register & Check Your Warranty | Samsung UK

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

muckycherub
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for reply. Am gonna c if I can get another contract with a different provider that will pay my contract off. No point paying for a phone that doesn't work. Never getting a 36 month contract again and getting insurance for sure on next 1. O2s a let down for this. A contract for a phone that doesn't last the length of the contract is rubbish. Thanks for reply. That's what the customer service guy said as well. 

Message 4 of 7

muckycherub
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Also the phone is irreparable unfortunately, I already had it looked at.

Message 5 of 7

Enlli
  • 8008 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

You will be very lucky to find a provider that will pay off your contract, those days are behind us. And no provider will give you longer that the maker's guarantee unless you take out some sort of extra cover.

Message 6 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11627 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@muckycherub 

If the phone is unrepairable then its not a warranty claim, and I am afraid you are liable for still paying it off. 

Have you checked Household or your Bank Account to see if there is any insurance coverage, or buy a cheap PAYG Phone or a second hand phone from the likes of CEX, Music Magpie or Handtec..

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 7 of 7