cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will an apple watch connect to my migrated number?

Lee939
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just took out a new pay monthly sim and i migrated my pay as you go number to it. I took out an apple watch at the same time, so my question is will my apple watch link to my pay as you go number when its migrated or will i need to pay for a seperate airtime plan for the ported number?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Lee939 

You can connect to any pay monthly account but you need to pay £5 per month for the watch data plan https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/apple-watch

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Lee939 

You can connect to any pay monthly account but you need to pay £5 per month for the watch data plan https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/apple-watch

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Lee939
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I know that but when the watch was taken out there was the £5 airtime tariff but i was given a temporary number until my pay as you go number moves over. Im asking if i need to pay the £5 airtime again because the watch is linked to the temp number i was given

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

You need to pay the £5 every month so I'm not sure what you mean by "again"?

Everything should sync up with your number when it ports in, but if not, O2 can transfer it manually.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Lee939
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh thank you, thats what i meant if the watch will tie into my number when it ported over. By again i was worried i may have had to pay for the watch to be connected to the temp number and my ported one

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

No, just one sync is required @Lee939 

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6