Message 1 of 59
58 REPLIES 58

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Ah ok Sorry I didn't realise.

No worries at all. I know a lot of people want totally different things with a mobile tariff. A lot of my online time is spent using a laptop...so my phone is probably used a lot less than yours...:smileywink:...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 51 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable
I guess @Anonymous doesn't have wifi then
Message 52 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable
I do have wifi is just that I play a game called Simpson tapped out and it doesn't all ways work that good on wifi.
Message 53 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable
But on 4G it does
Message 54 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I do have wifi is just that I play a game called Simpson tapped out and it doesn't all ways work that good on wifi.

Is that a good game ? 

Im confused why it won't work as good on wifi unless a persons connection to the router is weak / slow !

Message 55 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable
A brilliant game, I have it on my iPad & works flawlessly on wifi
Message 56 of 59

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
A brilliant game, I have it on my iPad & works flawlessly on wifi

Most games do....I have two gamers in this household...so know about that. Possibly a problem with your Wifi if it isnt working well?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 57 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd say try resetting your router to see if that clears it
Message 58 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is that a good game ? 

Im confused why it won't work as good on wifi unless a persons connection to the router is weak / slow !

Depends on the ISP - a lot of them prioritise certain data and slow others, (traffic shaping), and all ISPs have better connectivity with some places than others, (peering arrangements).

You might find that a certain ISP is nice and fast for most web browsing, (maybe because they are using a fast, large transparent proxy), but when you try to connect to a site on the planet zob, it slows to a halt.

But it could also indicate a badly set up wifi at home.

Unfortunately most people have no easy way of testing anything like this, so just have to put up with it.

Most home wi-fi underperforms massively, and people are conned in to buying "better" routers for a price, only to be disappointed.

I installed a router on my roof once as a test, and could access it reliably with a Note 3 at least 400 metres away at the end of the road.  Had to stop doing tests at that point because the neighbours were all staring at me like I was an idiot.

Message 59 of 59