Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling draining battery but it's disabled

MB_1984
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a Samsung S10. Wifi calling has been enabled on my O2 account for years but on this phone i've never been able to see the settings for it on the actual device. But recently it has started draining my battery by 5-15% overnight. 

I asked O2 to disable it on my account since i couldn't turn it on/off from the device. The option was never there despite O2 support insisting it should be. But even with it disabled on my account, it is still somehow draining my battery. It used 15.1% of my battery last night in 7 hours.

Anybody got any ideas how to stop this?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MB_1984 

Your best bet is to contact Samsung UK. I have been on their forums and there are mixed responses to your issue. Some claim using Wifi calling IMPROVES battery life, others are asking if it's the reason it drains so much battery.

Call Samsung. Details here https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/ 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MB_1984
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks will try that too. Is it not up to O2 to enable/disable the functionality though? My account shows it as disabled now but it's still there on the phone somehow using battery

Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MB_1984 

You should be able to turn it off yourself?

Press the phone icon. Press the menu icon. Press Settings. Press the indicator next to "WiFi Calling" to turn the function on or off

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/network-coverage-and-international/wifi-and-4g-calling 

You could also pop instore if it's easier. They are open now in England and Wales.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

MB_1984
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been trying to tell O2 for weeks that the setting option isn't there on my handset. I know where it should be as i've had it on other phones. But they wouldn't believe me that the setting wasn't there. So i asked them to disable it completely as i thought it would stop the battery drain.

Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Then call Samsung or pop instore @MB_1984 

Best advice I can give really.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

jonsie