Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged batterry drain

Wakeyjohnboy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Having severe battery drain issues with a one plus nord which i have only had for 6 months. In the last week the battery is draining at an alarming rate when using the phone. I was browsing facebook and is used 22 percent in 5 minutes!!! Have done a factory reset and a couple of times to no avail, have even not installed any apps but it still drains at an alarming rate when in use.

Also my battery will show 93 percent and then shut down saying the battery is flat, when i try and turn it on it still says battery is flat but when i plug it into the charger it says 93percent and i can turn my phone back on. i believe i have a defective battery. I have used many battery monitor apps and not show anything concerning so i am at a loss. when my phone is not been used the battery drain is normal but i am having to charge my phone numerous times a day which is not normal. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Wakeyjohnboy 

Affordable Mobiles need to resolve the issue and deal with the repair process. 

One Plus  and Affordable Mobiles also need to understand there responsibilities under UK Law, the guide from Which which details the rules 

Faulty product? How to get a refund, repair or replacement - Which?

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Wakeyjohnboy 

I'd check with OP 

https://www.oneplus.com/uk/support/contact

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Wakeyjohnboy
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have and due to me not having bought the phone from them they have said that the warranty will be with 02. 

Message 3 of 11

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @Wakeyjohnboy 

If the warranty is with o2 then you would be best contacting o2 customer services 

This may help you:

Social Media Teams will be on hand just
send them a message
https://o2uk.co/O2CFB
https://o2uk.co/O2CTW
https://o2uk.co/O2CIG
O2 Facebook
O2 Twitter
O2 Instagram

TallTrees_0-1640721937511.png

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Wakeyjohnboy wrote:

I have and due to me not having bought the phone from them they have said that the warranty will be with 02. 

Complete rubbish

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

Wakeyjohnboy
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It says on there website that any phone purchased of oneplus.com website comes with a years warranty. 02 offer 2 year warranty on all phones apart from Apple phones which is a year from what i have read up on. Anyone know the customer service number because the 02 website  is far from clear when it comes to contact details lol

Message 6 of 11

madasaf1sh
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Wakeyjohnboy 

Load of rubbish,  but what is to be accepted from BKK Group of companies as they don't care once they sell you the phone.

Call o2 on 0344 809 0202 or 202 from your phone if it lasts, but expect it to have to be sent for repair. 

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Wakeyjohnboy 

If you need to call customer service.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Wakeyjohnboy
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Advice needed. Spoke with O2 today and said that I would have to send my mobile back to who I bought it from which is a website called affordable mobiles. When I contacted them they said that I would have to send it to the manufacturer, and OnePlus claim that phones bought directly from there website are phones they will deal with!

So as it stands I am stuck with a phone that has a dead battery after only 15 minutes of screen time and no one will deal with it. What rights do I have and who is liable to deal with the warranty and repair of a phone I have only had 6 months.

Message 9 of 11

madasaf1sh
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Wakeyjohnboy 

Affordable Mobiles need to resolve the issue and deal with the repair process. 

One Plus  and Affordable Mobiles also need to understand there responsibilities under UK Law, the guide from Which which details the rules 

Faulty product? How to get a refund, repair or replacement - Which?

Message 10 of 11