Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi calling iPhone

JMI
Level 1: Joiner
  • 28 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please can you help? I've searched the boards but can't find the answer to this question.

I need to call the USA to a company and I know I can do it free via WiFi calling. I have changed the settings on my iPhone to enable WiFi calling, but how do I know it will use WiFi free rather king up a massive bill for calling the States?

How does the phone know to make the call using WiFi, or will it do it automatically when I am using WiFi, so example at home?

Im getting myself very confused and really would appreciate some help.  If you are kind enough to explain, please assume I know nothing and walk me through it. 

I can use FaceTime and WhatsApp calling free, but the number I want to call is a business number so I can't use either of these facilities to make the call.

thank you so much

Jean 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You are lucky @JMI . The nearest I've come to seeing them is at Longleat. I have a house with loads of framed pictures of Big Cats, Snow leopards, Siberian Lynx, Cheetahs, Leopards etc, etc, etc. Also watch pretty much every programme on big cats. Love them xx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@JMI If you download Skype and buy some credit it will be cheaper to call the US that way, rather than using your mobile.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 13

JMI
Level 1: Joiner
  • 28 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
thank you for the advice, I will look in to that 🙂
Message 13 of 13