cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why upgrade?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a problem. I spoke to a very nice lady in retention about the option for me to fast track my upgrade. This sounds a good idea! But actually, the options available to me were no better than if I popped down to carphone warehouse and physically bought a new phone. After 10 years with O2 I expected some recognition or discount for my loyalty, but actually there is no benefit in upgrading at all. A new phone is always nice, but I'm not just going to get a new phone for the hell of it at the same price as the shops. Who would?! There is no clear benefit for an upgrade. The lady mentioned that if I were to cancel my contract in the last 30 days, then discounts can be made. But she even admitted to me that actually it is much cheaper to go and buy a phone physically and get a similar simplicity plan as to what I currently have. So my question is simple: what is the point in upgrading? It's not quicker, it's not cheaper and I don't get the recognition as a valued customer I deserve.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Actually you don't "deserve" anything. For the past 10 years you have fulfilled the requirements of your contract and equally so have O2. All customers get offered the same deals from O2 so if you can do better at CPW or on a SIM only deal then you have to do what's best for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Actually you don't "deserve" anything. For the past 10 years you have fulfilled the requirements of your contract and equally so have O2. All customers get offered the same deals from O2 so if you can do better at CPW or on a SIM only deal then you have to do what's best for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

There should be some recognition for loyalty I used to get a loyalty discount of £5 a month off my tariff but that was for 12 months when then expired they said we cant add it again but gave me the 50mms bolt on worth £5 a month free so I'm happy but really do think they should encourage loyalty

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

They just like to show good numbers & statistics

Message 4 of 7

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

Times are hard for everyone:( I miss my free vip tickets. I wouldn't normally buy them but it was a great gesture.

You can understand why they're not doing it anymore but I don't really think the old tiered system was swayed in terms of new/old customers at all. It was based on how much you pay which is exactly what the new system is based on minus the extra perks:(

besides the fact being a platinum customer sounded cool grin

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Love your quote at the bottom
Message 6 of 7

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
slight_smile glad to be of service.

Haven't seen you around here before:) always good to see a new name appear especially one that appreciates my humour:D

Introduce yourself in the introductions thread:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 7 of 7