cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I lower my tariff?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone.

I have been a O2 customer for years and I have recently decided I really want out of my contract or to lower my tariff.

However, for some reason it won't let me lower my Tariff?

I pay 42.31 a month tariff on an Iphone 5..

I've had the contract since February this year and the contract ends Feb 2015.

What can I do? It says I cannot lower my tariff.. but can spend 500+ pounds to buy out my contract at a 25% off discount.. That is extortion!

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Terms and conditions were changed in March 2012 and if you took out a contract after that date you can no longer lower your tariff. You can cancel any bolt ons that you have but that, and buying out your contract are your only options. You agreed to these T&Cs when you took out the contract I'm afraid.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Terms and conditions were changed in March 2012 and if you took out a contract after that date you can no longer lower your tariff. You can cancel any bolt ons that you have but that, and buying out your contract are your only options. You agreed to these T&Cs when you took out the contract I'm afraid.

Message 2 of 3

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

What can I do? It says I cannot lower my tariff.. but can spend 500+ pounds to buy out my contract at a 25% off discount.. That is extortion!

Unfortunately the clue is in the word contract, so it's not unreasonable that you have to see it through, hardly extortion.

O2 have introduced the Refresh contracts to help people upgrade to a new phone whenever they like.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 3