cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does '£20 extra credit' only mean £10? - when O2 are involved!

harryw66
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently ordered a new Pay&Go sim from O2.

I then recevied an email from O2 which stated 'Top up now to get £20 credit.
Don't forget you can still claim your £20 extra credit when you top up your new sim by 10th October 2014.'

It also stated 'Min £10 top up'

I activated the Sim and topped up for £10 online.

I then duly waited for the extra £20 credit - but after a few days noticed by balance had only been credited by an extra £10 - i.e. the £10 I paid and then an extra £10.

So, I contacted O2 support and despite explaining what the word 'extra' means the support person still insists I am only entitled to a £10 bonus - the phrase 'extra £20 credit' includes my £10 topup I paid and £10 bonus!

Looks like O2 have re-invented the English language!! Astounded

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The credit is "virtual" and whilst it is on your account you won't be able to see it.
It will be used first before your actual credit.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The extra credit will never actually appear on the phone and is known as virtual credit which will always be used first before the handset credit. Offers are that you get either 14 or 21 days to use the credit.

Message 3 of 8

harryw66
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So, why does my balance now show £16.35 pence after I have made a few calls and sent some SMS messages?

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you sure they didn't get sent as mms messages at 40p each and possibly the calls didn't come out of your minutes allowances as they were special numbers. http://www.o2.co.uk/help/everything-else/special-numbers

Also check in your myo2 or myo2 app to see what tariff your on.
Message 5 of 8

harryw66
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I sent 3 or 4 SMS messages and made a few very short calls - just to test the spare phone that I bought the SIM card for.I am still a bit puzzled how that cost me £3.65 - but certainly not used it enough to cost me £13.65 in charges!

Also, I had a long chat session with the O2 support rep and she checked my account and confirmed that I had received a £10 credit that I was entitled to - so there is no way I got £20 credit and used it all up. Based on my chat session it does appear that O2 does not understand what the word 'extra' means.

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

What Payg tariff are you showing as on ?

If it's an error then speak to live chat or telephone customer services on 4445 and they will look at it for you.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We can't see your account or charges breakdown, unfortunately only CS can see that info for you......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8