cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a Shambles of a Company!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have been a O2 customer for 8mths with2 phones on Monthly contract, (Iphone) I am going abroad shortly and noticed with contract i am on that i get something called O2 Travel bolt on free, But when i have looked into this, it actaully loooks likely that this would cost me a lot more than the very little use i was planning while away!I sent the text message as required to cancel O2 travel on both phones, yup you guessed it, days later and its still onmy account!! Makes you wonder if they deliberatly dont want to cancel it eh?

The Dilemma, how the hell do you get in contact with this lot? Your try the phone,(202) they disconnect you (dont say they dont as its obvious) you try the chat, sorry its too bloody busy! Worst customer service i have recieved from any UK Comapny, and i can tell you British Gas, and EDF energy take some beating.

20 mins wait yesterday on 202, before giving up, bloody good mind to charge them for my time!

Wont be an O2 customer come July!

you phone again, hey ho! you get through to a long que and get disconnected!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
If you log into "MY O2" you can cancell the bolt on online. If you keep data off and just use wifi you won't incurr any extra charges anyway.
O2 travel is really a good deal.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Morning,

Another tip is to turn your o2 voivemail before you leave the Uk if your going to use your o2 Services abroad.

Also if you get your phone unlocked to all networks via o2 ,you could use a local sim while your abroad, hence not racking up any charges.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

Just a thought.

slight_smile

Message 3 of 3