Weird Text Message

SteveC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

All

Had a text message saying

Hi. It looks like you recently sent a text to an International number for the first time.

Just as a heads-up, this sort of message isn't included in your tariff.

To check your charges and stay on top of your bill, head to 

I have checked my useage so far this month and it doesn't appear on the forecast how do I find out what the number was as I don't think I have sent anyone an international text ?

Thanks

Steve 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

b4u2
Level 8: Talented
  • 368 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
Check your sent messages on your phone. You can call customer care and they should be able to locate the usage on the account.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

b4u2
Level 8: Talented
  • 368 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
Check your sent messages on your phone. You can call customer care and they should be able to locate the usage on the account.
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Some apps can send a silent text message for registration purposes (iPhones for iMessage and Whatsapp etc).
These can be sent to international numbers but do not cost you. If you've downloaded a new app recently it could be that the system is picking up on.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

If nothing is showing up in out of allowance charges in myO2 I wouldn’t worry about it

Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Some apps can send a silent text message for registration purposes (iPhones for iMessage and Whatsapp etc).
These can be sent to international numbers but do not cost you. If you've downloaded a new app recently it could be that the system is picking up on.

∆∆∆ That.....

Message 5 of 5