Did you mean: 

WORRIED ... Please help

Anonymous
Not applicable

My pay monthly contract ended June this year

Since then I've just let things roll

I am quite happy with my Xperia L1 phone

MY PROBLEM IS:

I have not cancelled direct debit from my bank re: Airtime part of my bill BUT no payments have come out of my bank account

I understand the device part of my bill has been paid off since June

I AM WORRIED: Some employee of O2 has / has not eg pressed required button on their pc

I am aware how avaricious O2 are in recovering debts real or perceived by them (no offence intended)

I have 2 letters from O2 stating I don't have to do anything, BUT like I say 'the gremlin in the system' may or may not have pressed the appropriate button on their pc

Hope the above  ^   ^   ^  makes sense

Any help would be gratefully received.

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 3 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous 

You'll need to call customer service.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
Or advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:
If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Your best option is to call customer service on 202 for clarification @Anonymous 

Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @jonsie and @MI5 for your sound  advice

I shall be out all today helping out a good friend ... so ... shall call Customer Services early Thursday morning and hope for the best

I am not clever contacting any customer services because I panic

This time, if I go slowly and ask the operator to go slowly with me maybe we can get somewhere

wish me luck.

Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous 

If you're out in town you can also pop in to your local O2 store.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous 

If you're out in town you can also pop in to your local O2 store.

Thank you @MI5 for the advice above

I shall be out of the county for most of the day and will no doubt come back tired, no frame of mind to contact CS

I have lost trust in my local O2 shop. It all depends upon who you get. There is a high turnover of staff there. If I wait for Stavros to be free I shall be alright. Stavros has been the long time manager of O2 shop Skipton and knows his stuff as well as being a decent chap.

Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

Maybe call and make an appointment with him then if he knows you @Anonymous 

Currently using:
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

Maybe call and make an appointment with him then if he knows you @Anonymous 

Thank you @MI5 for that good suggestion

I shall try that tomorrow as I am out of the county all day today.

Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

OH WHAT JOY! ... PEACE OF MIND RESTORED IN THE WISPA HOUSEHOLD!

Please @Martin-O2 @LukasB to give a special mention to Joe who works in the bills section of Derne Valley Customer Services in South Yorkshire ... ... ... He is a Hero ... ... ... (& he has a lovely clear soft sounding Yorkshire accent)

Suffice to say from tomorrow I am on a Sim Only 12 month pay monthly contract

Unlimited Minutes + 2GB data + Unlimited Texts

£12:00 per month

I managed to stay calm and not panic ... ... ... beginning with asking Joe to re-say his name, following up with will you please speak slowly to me as I am mentally and physically disabled ... ... ... upon asking me some necessary questions and looking into my account Joe explained that I had had some credits on my account and together we worked out why slight_smile ... ... ... so thank you very very much wink

The nicer side of O2 and their Customer Services in particular

As per general advice on this community I called CS just before 8:30am this morning

Me being me I had to ask a daft question ... ... ... Joe reassured me that no question is a daft question ... so ... 'Do I have to wait to get a Sim Card in the post and for me to put inside my phone myself?'

He said no that is not what happens ... ... ... I don't have to do anything ... ... ... 

some talented members of this community say something like 'No question is a stupid question / the only stupid question is one that is not asked'... ... ... it is qood advice slight_smile

Edited at my discretion.

Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Speechless

Currently using:
Message 10 of 13