Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Re: WE ARE O2 AND WE LOVE TO RIP OFF OUR CUSTOMERS

The new OP in this thread must take responsibility for their actions. O2 Have not forced them to use the data. There are various tools available to measure data.

If the new OP has gone over the allowance then they should expect to be charged. I am sorry but I cannot see how o2 are ripping off in this case.

If the new OP goes over their allowances then perhaps a change of tariff would be in order?
Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,306

Re: WE ARE O2 AND WE CHARGE OUR CUSTOMERS FOR THEIR USAGE OVER ALLOWANCE

It can't be data as usage is stopped so it must be going over the minutes allowance or dialling numbers not covered by their allowance. As you rightly say it's down to user error rather than any devious charges by O2. Customers have to take responsibility for their own usage. It's not difficult or complicated in any way.

Title amended!

Anonymous

Perhaps the new OP has been calling numbers beginning 08? These are generally not part of inclusive minutes (this includes 0800 which currently are NOT free with o2 although this should change next year).

Either that or perhaps they have been abroad and used their phone to make and receive calls?

Yes , it's difficult to advise unless @Anonymous comes back and clarifies exactly what the charges are for.

Anonymous

Totally agree, just happened to me and O2 didn't care at all 

@Anonymous wrote:

You mean you too went over your call allowance?

Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not sure they should care, it's your phone and contract, it has to be down to you if you generate excess use.

I have the O2 app and I know exactly how much I have used, so you have to accept responsibility here.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Topics: 767

Really amazing in this day and age how the blame seems to lie with O2 ...as opposed to the individual  Smiley Sad

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Anonymous

other phone companies warn you when you are near your limit..just decent customer service is sometimes missing and you don't know the context ....

Topics: 767

Hi @Anonymous 

You are correct....we don't know your individual circumstances as you didn't explain in your first post.

None of us are being flippant here but just stating a fact. O2 take the stance that customers as adults should take responsibility for their own usage, but still give plenty of ways to monitor it.
Use the MyO2 app

Send a blank text to 21202

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker