Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Victim of 40% off plan scam

1122_TV
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Advice is appreciated here please? I have been a victim of the 40%off your plan scam. I stupidly took a call from someone claiming to be from O2 and that's when it all started. I now have apple watch, insurance and a £5 extra synced to my mobile plan. I reported it to O2 and they said they will canceled the order, however it still went through as I got notification that thr watch will be sent to me in the 21 Nov, then minutes later I got another message to say it will be delivered on the 28 and then another saying 'thr ci signment has been return to supplier'- which I found strange. Reported it again to O2 and they apologies they couldn't stop it on time. How frustrating... now I don't knownif its been returned to O2 or not and whether I will be billed for the watch and extras on top of my actual mobile plan. I have canceled my DD with bank and informed O2 that I will pay for my actual.plan manually and I have also reported it to action fraud. I'm worried now that I will be billed for the watch and extras which I didn't take out and in the long run cos I won't be paying for it it will effect my credit scoring. Will this be the case? Can I not just pay the outstanding about on my actual phone plan and close my account and leave O2 or would this unwanted apple watch haunt plme for life until its been paid off and O2 decides to close the account 'ONCE INVESTIGSTED BY THE FRAUD TEAM' which apprently were meant to call me in 5 days. Please help and advise as I suffer from anxiety and this whole situation is not helping my mental health. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

1122_TV
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you Bre, really appreciate you responding. 

Also thank  you @o2Sarah for the help so far. 

@O2nath_ci and @O2Emma - i would really appreciate your advise and help on this... i dont know what else to do anymore. 

Im really struggling. 

Message 11 of 13

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Breanna I will pick this up thanks.

signature
Message 12 of 13

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @1122_TV I will send you a private message to look into this for you do not want you paying for something should not be.

signature
Message 13 of 13