Did you mean: 

Tariff

Annoyed17
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good evening. 

I have received a text message saying I am out of contract and my monthly AirTime Plan is £20.40. I have previously been paying £10.14 a month so I'm sure you can see my confusion at such a price hike and wanted to check this was not a scam request before opening any links within the text message. As far as I am aware I was on a rolling monthly contract which had no expiration date. On logging into the account online it says there is no tariff to upgrade.

I have tried to contact on the phone but waiting times are unacceptable. It also locked me out of anything automated because the machine did not recognise the security answer after one attempt (I know it was correct as I have just changed it). I am really unimpressed by the service I am currently receiving by O2.  I also find it quite inappropriate to receive a text message after 7pm.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146425 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28171 Solutions

@Annoyed17 

It's a regulatory requirement to inform customers of the end of their contract.

Nothing will change unless you change it.

If you don't want texts after a certain time, manage your phone settings to not notify you between certain times.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/in-or-o...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146425 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28171 Solutions

@Annoyed17 

It's a regulatory requirement to inform customers of the end of their contract.

Nothing will change unless you change it.

If you don't want texts after a certain time, manage your phone settings to not notify you between certain times.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/in-or-o...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 2