Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT invoice

Neil_Ellis
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does anyone know how to get a hold of a VAT invoice?

02 call centre staff do not know what a VAT invoice actually is and I am sick and tired of trying to eduate them every month when I have this problem.

**a VAT invoice must show the VAT number of the company charging VAT**

It's fairly basic stuff.  How else can a company justify their VAT charge is legitimate and is not therefore just being used to increase the price? If you charge VAT, there is an obligation to issue a VAT invoice. 

The online version of viewing the invoice specifically states "this is not a VAT invoice" yet call centre keep pointing me in this direction and cannot understand why this is not correct.

I am continually being told "If I was a business customer, it would show this the VAT number" which as you can imagine, is completely useless and irrelevant information, because clearly the account is not a business account, otherwise I would not be asking the question.

The second my contract is done, I am off.  I cannot keep having this same conversation every month with untrained staff at 02.

If anyone could help, it would be most appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Neil_Ellis 

Vat invoices are only available on your airtime tariff and you need to call customer service to get them enabled.  All numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

From O2:

We don’t issue a VAT invoice on the device plans every month, the Refresh agreement is a credit agreement and unless it’s a business account we are not obliged to produce monthly VAT invoices. Customer services can complete a form to send out a device plan VAT invoice for a specific month but this needs to be requested by the customer each time they need it and will be sent via post.

A regular VAT invoice can be turned on by calling customer services for the airtime only, once the service is on the account the customer should then get the VAT invoice sent to them via post monthly.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Neil_Ellis

. Under Article 13 of the VAT Regulations 1995 (SI 1995/2518) a VAT registered business is required to supply a proper VAT invoice when requested to do so by a VAT registered customer.

If you are a VAT registered customer then you should have a business account, and are in fact in breach of the terms and conditions that you signed upto, and if o2 want to play hard ball they can terminate your contract and all payments will become due. 

In the latest terms you must also use a residential address for all correspondence.

So im afraid you are in a catch 22 situation. 

edited as clicked posted too early

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Neil_Ellis 

Vat invoices are only available on your airtime tariff and you need to call customer service to get them enabled.  All numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

From O2:

We don’t issue a VAT invoice on the device plans every month, the Refresh agreement is a credit agreement and unless it’s a business account we are not obliged to produce monthly VAT invoices. Customer services can complete a form to send out a device plan VAT invoice for a specific month but this needs to be requested by the customer each time they need it and will be sent via post.

A regular VAT invoice can be turned on by calling customer services for the airtime only, once the service is on the account the customer should then get the VAT invoice sent to them via post monthly.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

BradJonson
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I found this post because I am in the same situation of not being able to get a VAT invoice.

On my last contract I was actually a business customer but I found the business side of O2 **** to be honest. I found it way harder to see my data plan info as the app does not work for business customers. Before brexit and the pandemic. I was charged £80 on one trip to Malta as I thought I would only be charged £2 per day as per personal phone contracts from o2. The personal customer service is also slightly better.

I understand business support is good if you run an enterprise business with many employees but I am a contractor and do not need all of the features of a business contract. Personal suits me better for what I do.

Message 4 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
You should be able to get one, but will need to call customer services to do so.
All numbers are in this guide:
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...
When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling.
Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
You can also try saying "Upgrade" or "Fraud" to be connected to an advisor.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 6

RF100
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am fed up with o2 regarding VAT invoices.

I managed to actually speak with a human being a while ago and they seemed to be genuinely surprised that I am not being provided with one.

Nothing has changed and you can easily spend an hour on My o2 going round and round and round in circles because of course there is nobody to actually email or contact about this.

EVERYONE probably needs a VAT invoice!

WHY are O2 so hopeless?

maybe it is time to change provider

Message 6 of 6