cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT INVOICE

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been an 02 pay monthly customer for almost 20 years and always recommended them to friends and family, they have always been friendly, efficient and helpful until now.

On 24 June I rang up and purchased a new phone, memory card and flip case requesting a VAT invoice which I was told would arrive with the phone, as usual my delivery arrived the next day but no VAT invoice.

I have been on live chat 3 times telephoned 3 times and despite being told I would receive a VAT invoice all I get is proof of purchase which does not have a VAT number on so I have not been able to reclaim VAT.

Today I was holding on for 59 minutes only to be told it is not possible to produce a VAT invoice which I find rediculous, I am so disappointed with this that after being a loyal customer for all this time feel like cancelling my contract as I can no longer trust the service I am now receiving from 02.

Can anyone explain why it is not possible to provide a VAT invoice because my monthly invoice has VAT charged to what is the difference ?

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35933 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1592 Solutions
And replying to the contact address cited in the e-mail, mycare@o2mail.co.uk, results in an automated response thus:

" Hello, Thanks for your email, but we have now shut down our email support service. Don't worry though, for instant help speak to us on Live Chat, where we'll try to solve your issue straight away...."

Reminds me of the Dusty Springfield song "Round like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel; Never ending or beginning on an ever spinning reel..."

Just shoot me now.
Message 21 of 33

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

Reminds me of the Dusty Springfield song "Round like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel; Never ending or beginning on an ever spinning reel..."

Just shoot me now.

And that Dusty Springfield song is called The WindmIlls of Your Mind... how apt @pgn wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous I hope you feel now less solo wink I understand your frustation..

Please stay in touch with the Communtity and let us know how things progress.

Did you follow @jonsie recommendation?

Message 23 of 33

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35933 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1592 Solutions

By way of encouragement to those on this thread: I received a text from O2 on Thursday saying "Your bill is on its way", and Friday a large A4-size O2 envelope with the 2 x disputed VAT invoices landed on the doormat.

Admittedly, the front page of each said "This is your VAT invoice" without reference to the GBR VAT Number for O2, but not being one to look a gift horse in the mouth...

So persistence is key, otherwise it's sticky tape or Pritt and the photocopier/scanner yourself.

The online versions in MyO2 still do not show the VAT information for those two months.

And so the story ends.

Message 24 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @pgn 

So pleased this long drawn out issue is now resolved for you ....eventually .... wink

As you say, often dogged persistence is the key...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 33

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

You got there in the end but dear me, good job you have perserverence and patience!:smileyhappy:

Message 26 of 33

GardenG1rl666
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It IS possible to get VAT invoices for both monthly call plan charges and the Credit Agreement charges if you purchase the handset in this fashion. My airtime charge invoices have been VAT invoices for years, but it has taken me 7 months to get VAT invoices for the handset instalment invoices. The 'chat' options as we all know were mostly hopeless at this. Talking to an actual person was not much better. One deluded individual advised me that o2 were not allowed to charge VAT on the handset because it was being bought using credit. Does HMRC know about this?! Finally I spoke to someone who had a scooby and I am now in receipt of monthly e-mails which contain my VAT receipt. Still haven't got the first 5 months. I do give up on them, having had reams of hard copies of the airtime invoices which I had already downloaded from My o2.

I have a message for o2 - get your act together and train these poor fools! They are all sweetness and light in their ineptitude, but grumpy and efficient would suit me just fine slight_smile

Message 27 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Thanks for your post @GardenG1rl666 Another one showing that  perseverance got you most of what you wanted....though not all.:smileysad:

And sadly, also showing that O2 need to get their act together in relation to this issue .....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 33

GardenG1rl666
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Cleoriff! It was somewhat bemusing to be told that o2 were selling goods without charging VAT. He was pretty convincing as well, and I wonder who was feeding him such nonsense. It isn't as if o2 profit from any VAT registered person not recovering the VAT paid to HMRC via them, and the effort involved in getting a usable tax invoice just frustrates those of us who are wasting valuable time on it.

Message 29 of 33

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

It's a crazy situation to be honest. It's a legal requirement as far as I was aware that someone charging vat has to show that on any relevant billing invoice. Hopefully O2 will now update their systems to make this automatic as they have done with normal monthly bills.Glad you got it sorted but it's worrying that such misinformation can come from company representatives.

Message 30 of 33