cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using my phone in Jersey

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I'm on a monthly contract and am off to Jersey (Channel Islands) next weekend. Will calls/texts etc there be included as part of my UK package or do I have to add roaming?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144662 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions
It's not classed as UK so you will pay roaming rates.
You can use O2 travel though http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144662 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions
It's not classed as UK so you will pay roaming rates.
You can use O2 travel though http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It depends how much you want to use the phone for calls and texts. The charge per day is triggered by sending a single text so you need to have a look and decide whether it's best to opt in or out of O2 Travel before you go.

Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 123095 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Try where possible to use WiFi as much as you can. You can also use TuGo over wifi for calls and texts.

http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

Syts
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I'm working on contracts in Jersey for the last year and 7 months. when I went there, the o2 Roaming text me and told me to have 100GB is that's ok. I said yes.. Well I had a new phone this week but they have but the 100GB to 25GB why? If they don't let me anything I'll send the new phone back, and I'll never be with o2 again. All the o2 ppl who work there you can look at all the bills I have done over the year... all I want is that o2 Roaming 100GB when away working in Jersey!!

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144662 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions

@Syts 

You get 25gb per month free the same as everyone else.

Any use above 25gb is charged extra.

Free EU Data Roaming Abroad | O2

If you don't want to stay with O2, here's how to cancel Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10229 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3014 Solutions

@Syts 

Bear and mind that all the other UK networks charge to use data in the EU and still limit you to 25GB 

Why not buy a Jersey Sim Card...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 8

Syts
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ok mate pfft

Message 8 of 8