O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

Upgrading

I want to upgrade my daughters pay monthly iPhone as a surprise for Christmas, if I ordered it now, would the new phone need to be used straight away or could she carry on using the old phone, not sure how this would work with it being pay monthly, any advise would be appreciated thanks
Topics: 501
Solutions: 9,712

Re: Upgrading

[ Edited ]

@Juliejuju The new tariff would change over immediately on her current SIM card but there’s no need to use the new phone until Christmas. 

When you give her the new phone she’ll just need to put her old sim in it if it’s the same size, if not, the new phone will come with a new sim which you can use to do a sim swap. http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr) and Z3 Tablet (Three UK)
iPhone7 (EE)

Friends come and go but the memories stay forever.

Level 1: Joiner

Thanks for your reply, I’m just checking, so are you saying she can carry on using her old phone on the new tariff.
Thanks
Topics: 501
Solutions: 9,712

Yes, that is correct.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr) and Z3 Tablet (Three UK)
iPhone7 (EE)

Friends come and go but the memories stay forever.