Did you mean: 

Upgrading

ianjpoole
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I am thinking of upgrading to another contract within O2 (I'm current on a monthly 4GB, unlimited C & Ts) and thinking of upgrading to a better model with better GB, memory unlimited C & Ts and was wondering what would happen to my old contract

Would the old contract still be active or would that be "disolved" for lack of a better word and the new contract take old?

Because I'm worried if I upgrade to the new model, I'd be paying for two phones

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@ianjpoole 

When you upgrade, you old contract is automatically cancelled and your payments transfer to the new one.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

ianjpoole
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So the next bill which is due at the end of the month will see me pay the new amount and not the old amount?

Sorry if it sounds like I'm asking dumb questions, this is actually the first time I have done anything like this and anything "technical" goes right over my head

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@ianjpoole 

Your first bill after an upgrade will be a combination of old and new tarifffs, pro rata based on the number of days during the month each tariff was used.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

ianjpoole
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Right

So bill #1 is £31.58 

Bill #2 is £31.64

So if I click upgrade now, halfway through the plan, it will be half of the first bill, half of the second bill, job's a good 'un as they say?

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@ianjpoole 

Yes, 100% correct slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6