cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to new tariff, need advice about the SIM

Anonymous
Not applicable
I decided to stick with my iPhone 4s which has served me well, and replace it if it dies. I opted for the '4g ready' tariff (all were 4g ready) £10.50 per month. I've received the new SIM card to upgrade the tariff but as I am not yet using a 4g capable phone I am thinking it would be unwise to put it in my phone. Can someone please clarify for me whether it would be OK to use the SIM in my 4s or should I just do what my instinct tells me - which is to put it to one side until I get a 4g ready phone at a later date.
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Your tariff should have nothing to do with the sim itself, but you will be safe in using a new one.Your phone will only seek out the signal it's capable of receiving. What you will have to do if you want to keep your number on the new sim is to do a sim swap, which you can do here: http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/ That way, when you're ready to get a 4G capable phone you can just put the sim in the new phone (if it takes the same sized sim) and away you go.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Your tariff should have nothing to do with the sim itself, but you will be safe in using a new one.Your phone will only seek out the signal it's capable of receiving. What you will have to do if you want to keep your number on the new sim is to do a sim swap, which you can do here: http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/ That way, when you're ready to get a 4G capable phone you can just put the sim in the new phone (if it takes the same sized sim) and away you go.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!
The SIM pack said to go to o2.co.uk/4g/setup to guide me through the process, does that sound about right?
I really don't want to mess this up!

Also, will it be up and running as soon as I install it, or might I be out of service for a few hours?

Message 3 of 7

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
You shouldn't need to do the setup as you're already set up.
Just do the procedure as @Bambino said and you should be sorted.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks! I just finished reading the SIM pack which I obviously didn't take in the first time, as it answered all my questions and confirms exactly what you said. 'Doh!
Thanks both of you for helping me!
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic

Glad you found the community useful @Anonymous Do come back if you have any other questions slight_smile

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, it went smoothly and was sorted within an hour slight_smile

Message 7 of 7