cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade order not received

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone

Please take some time to read this and advise me if you have had a similar experience, thanking you in advance.

I ordered a phone (upgrade) online to replace my lost phone.Through O2s online chat, it was a good deal which was price matched. I was provided a link to click and confirm etc.. and the upgrade was confirmed. A few days later I phone customer services enquiring about the whereabouts of my phone (I could not check email etc.. because I was away from home) I was told the phone was delivered and signed for, I disputed this could not be possible as I was not at home. Advisor said he would investigate and get back to me. Their findings were having spoken to the driver that the phone was delivered and it was signed for. 

Senior complaints escalation manager took over and repeated the same information and gave me different case scenarios and categorically said:

"o2 will not be issuing another handset becuase someone has signed for this phone and its a civil matter and I would need to contact the police"

I just thought about this logically what could the police do in this case? so I have tried to obtain the signiture that was used for this apparent delivery by contacting UKmail. UKmail online cannot provide this, and asked me to contact the provider (o2) to get this for me. I contact o2 and they pass the buck back to UKmail. I am still waiting to recieve evidence of this signiture. I have written to o2 head office about this situation and am waiting for their response.

So I request to you all, is there anything else I should do or obtain etc... customer service 202 seem baffeled on what to do and just say that a supervisor will contact me, still waiting.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

K

Message 1 of 62
61 REPLIES 61

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

A sorry mess and I'm not sure we can offer any further constructive advice.

Message 41 of 62

MI5
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
I agree.... we have advised all we can but hope you come back with a satisfactory result slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 42 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
right now I am completely baffled. I called them several times today and suggested if I cannot get a handset delivered successfully to me or to a store, please cancel the contract upgrade order for me. I was on the phone for one hour with an advisor mainly waiting, and they said the courier needs to come back to the property to take a photo of the door they delivered the phone to. It seems o2 are gathering evidence so they dont have to shell out for another phone, BTW I still dont have the proof of signiture.

I go onto o2s online chat and speak to another advisor, this guy said the upgrade has been cancelled and it will take 24hours for my tariff to revert to the original tariff. and then I could upgrade. I just checked my02 and it says I need to pay £360 to upgrade. Advisor said after 24 hours it will not say this and I can upgrade.

I queried what about the £360 for handset whos going to shell out for this, I certainly am not. The advisor reveals,

"sir when you contacted us about not receving your phone we investigated into this, and the handset was returned to our warehouse on the 21st (yesterday) "

At this point I asked the advisor but who signed for the parcel and why everyone is telling me different things. anyway I did not question this further, as Iong as I get my phone that I order I dont care.

So I shall wait till tomorrow and see if I can actually upgrade if so, Ill ask them to send the phone to the store!

I shall let you know the progress I make.

K
Message 43 of 62

MI5
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Sounds like they've confused 2 different orders there... Yours and someone else's completely...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 44 of 62

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

I had a similar thing happen about 10 years ago. In my case the phone was signed for by someone in my block of flats who claimed* to have left the parcel outside my door. It wasn't there!

It took about a month but I did eventually get a replacement sent out. I also got credit for the line rental for the period I didn't have a phone for.

I can only echo what others have told you. The manager who said "o2 will not be issuing another handset becuase someone has signed for this phone and its a civil matter and I would need to contact the police" is talking complete and utter rubbish although it may be an idea to contact the police if you haven't already although I'm sure they will just hand out a reference number and do little else. The police rarely will get involved in "civil matters" anyway prefering to concern themselves with criminal matters (occasionally).

The sales of goods act holds the retailer liable until the goods are delivered to you and they would have to prove that the goods were delivered to you

*a claim I obviously took with a suitable pinch of salt

Message 45 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable

Todays update, not much progress, all managers state that they need to speak to UKmail again, so I need to wait until Tuesday for a reply from O2.

O2 customer service chat confirmed that my handset was returned to o2 on the 21st and an advisor sent me an email with the phones imei etc.. order details confirming this, but cant do the upgrade becuae only 202 can do this. I call 202, spoke to 2 advisors, not one of them can see the phone being returned on any system and are not interested in the email I was sent, so they are waiting to speak to UKmail on Tuesday and they will get back to me.

O2 chat customer service are an odd bunch every single one of them say to me my upgrade was cancelled becuae they got the phone back and it would take 48 hours to update on system. It has been more than 48 hours and nothing has updated. I shall get back to you all on Tuesday to provide the BS I have been given.

Bye for Now

K

Message 46 of 62

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Thanks for the update. Head and brickwall are the words that spring to mind Smiley Frustrated

Message 47 of 62

Cleoriff
  • 123141 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Thanks for the update. Head and brickwall are the words that spring to mind Smiley Frustrated

With not one person/company willing to take the responsibility for this...makes me so furious.

Pass the buck... pass the buck...next customer please Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 48 of 62

MI5
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
When O2 get it wrong they certainly do it in a spectacular fashion !!

Currently using:
Message 49 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
latest on the above. O2 have told UKmail to go back to the delivery address and get the phone.
Message 50 of 62