cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade not working?!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I really want to upgrade and as of yesterday I am eligible, but the website won't allow me to do it - when I click the link it contradicts my account page and tells me I can't upgrade. I tried doing it over the phone instead but apparently the problem extends to your whole system! I've not heard back from anyone since yesterday, the problem is still there and I'm getting increasingly frustrated at the lack of resolution. I just want a new phone! Please help...

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
That's a weird one.

I'd advise calling CS and asking when your allowed to upgrade and proceed from there.

It's unlikely you'll get a call back if I'm honest so your best of trying them again.

Have you tried the web again today?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
That's a weird one.

I'd advise calling CS and asking when your allowed to upgrade and proceed from there.

It's unlikely you'll get a call back if I'm honest so your best of trying them again.

Have you tried the web again today?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 8

MiamiGuy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 60 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

When you say you have not heard back from anyone, I assume that you were promised a call back from someone?

If not, I would either try again online using the correct log in details, go into store or call upgrades.

I'm a Telefónica UK (O2) employee but post in a personal capacity. As such, views are my own and not those of the company.
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

It could be possible that you aren't able to yet or there is a glitch in the system

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys. I'm definitely eligible to upgrade - it seems that it's a system wide error that they've never seen before and affects only me!! I have some IT people on it apparently... Just typical when I'm so desperate to upgrade!!

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

did they say why it was only you

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope they've no idea - I'm a random anomaly! It sounds like IT are on it though and the lovely customer service lady is checking it's progress regularly throughout the day, ready to feedback.

My only gripe over it all is that a cs person I spoke to earlier today (not afore mentioned helpful lady) told me that the only place I'd be able to get an upgrade whilst this was happening, was the O2 store and I'd get exactly the same deal. Wasn't happy after walking 1/2 hr to get to my local store only to be told the cs person had talked rubbish and I'd be charged £40 more in store! 

Oh well!

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

you do tend to pay more instore than online, lots of people got caught out like this when the iphone 5 was launched

Message 8 of 8