Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Level 3: Thinker
Accepted Solution

Upgrade ipad - iphone 8

Hi all!

Simple question (I hope!). So I have two ipads and two iphones on contract. One iphone broke. One ipad was due an upgrade. Upgraded the contract for the ipad and ordered a new iphone.

Can I just put the sim of the broken iphone in the new one? And do I need to replace the sim of the ipad which will come with the phone?

Hope I am making sense!

Thanks Smiley Happy
Topics: 529
Solutions: 11,012

Re: Upgrade ipad - iphone 8

You can just swap the phone sim over no problem but the other sim won’t be any good as it’s blank so you will need a data sim for the iPad.
You can have either a contract one or PAYG.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Level 3: Thinker

Hmm okay. So the new contract which comes with the new phone is going to be rather useless then? It has more data than the current contract which comes with the broken iphone.

I was hoping I could still use it in the ipad as I obviously won’t have 4G without a sim :-/ And I don’t want to take out yet another contract really.
Topics: 529
Solutions: 11,012

Sorry, yes you could it for the data. I saw you said upgraded and missed the iPhone was new, apologies.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)