Did you mean: 

Upgrade ipad - iphone 8

Sylvia1980
Level 3: Thinker
  • 61 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all!

Simple question (I hope!). So I have two ipads and two iphones on contract. One iphone broke. One ipad was due an upgrade. Upgraded the contract for the ipad and ordered a new iphone.

Can I just put the sim of the broken iphone in the new one? And do I need to replace the sim of the ipad which will come with the phone?

Hope I am making sense!

Thanks slight_smile
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can just swap the phone sim over no problem but the other sim won’t be any good as it’s blank so you will need a data sim for the iPad.
You can have either a contract one or PAYG.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can just swap the phone sim over no problem but the other sim won’t be any good as it’s blank so you will need a data sim for the iPad.
You can have either a contract one or PAYG.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Sylvia1980
Level 3: Thinker
  • 61 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hmm okay. So the new contract which comes with the new phone is going to be rather useless then? It has more data than the current contract which comes with the broken iphone.

I was hoping I could still use it in the ipad as I obviously won’t have 4G without a sim 😕 And I don’t want to take out yet another contract really.
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sorry, yes you could it for the data. I saw you said upgraded and missed the iPhone was new, apologies.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4