Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade - how long does it take?

Leeann82
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi advice needed please...I upgraded on 17th Dec in Car phone warehouse. I'm using the new handset with my old SIM as instructed but I'm still getting the same data allowance as my old contract (3GB) whereas new contract and handset (s9) has 16GB...
Anyone know how long it normally takes for changes to update/show in my allowance?
Many thanks in advance
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Leeann82 the changes to your tariff should have happened straightaway & your myo2 updated within 24 hours of upgrading. I suggest you call customer service in the morning 

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Leeann82 the changes to your tariff should have happened straightaway & your myo2 updated within 24 hours of upgrading. I suggest you call customer service in the morning 

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Leeann82 

I'd guess it was put through as a new contract rather than an upgrade (that's one of their sneaky tricks) so if you were to look at the details for your new SIM you may find your new allowances. 

Check with customer services as to how many contracts you have showing on your account.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
If they have done it as a new line instead of an upgrade you will also find that you will be charged for both.
Best get into contact as soon as possible.
If you have finished paying for your old device then you can get the number transferred to the new one as well.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 4