Upgrade, direct debit,

calviin
Level 3: Thinker
  • 34 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello

Just after some advice

I am on a SIM ONLY. I can upgrade to a refresh phone contract after 3 months which i can on 19/03/2018

My 3rd payment is due out of my bank account on 13/03/2018

However...

I had to change banks and i updated my direct debit details with O2 on 5/3/18. I don't think my direct debit payment will come out in time? I understand the upgrade is only accepted if i have made 3 payments on time.

What can i do?

Of course I can pay with my debit card but surely any payment i make now will not be taken off my bill until my next bill is generated?

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I would pay immediately manually to preserve your 100% payment record and explain to o2 that you have changed banks so they know the reason why.
If the DD is taken it will be a credit on your account for next month anyway so you won't lose out anything.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I would pay immediately manually to preserve your 100% payment record and explain to o2 that you have changed banks so they know the reason why.
If the DD is taken it will be a credit on your account for next month anyway so you won't lose out anything.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I too would make the debit card payment. Your account will go into credit but if that's an issue you can request a credit refund though that can take up to 10 days.

Message 3 of 12

calviin
  • 34 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

So just spoke with two live chat advisors about my upgrade from SIMO to a refresh phone plan after 3 months. Both have told me it is 6 months

I have always been under the impression i am correct with 3 months which would be 19/03/2018 and i even quoted the terms and conditons. I find the live chat agents very unhelpful and they take so long replying to questions. I wish the live chat was UK based where people would understand english

I am so angry with them

Message 4 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@calviin Live Chat has never been reliable. You can speak to customer service by calling 202 for free from your mobile. You're much more likely to get an accurate answer.

Edit: Best time to call is 8-8.30 am to avoid a long wait on hold.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@calviinIt's 3 months as long as you haven't missed a payment. Contact customer services and speak to an agent. Also point them to these terms and conditions which clearly state 3 months

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/sim-only-upgrade-to-refresh-after-3-months-terms-and...

By the way, is this to do with your previous thread here? https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Upgrade-direct-debit/m-p/1112501

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 12

calviin
  • 34 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for your replies yes it is related. I just wanted to make sure my upgrade date is still next Monday. I will call 202 to get clarification

Message 7 of 12

calviin
  • 34 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
So now O2 are saying it's only 3 months to upgrade if your an existing customer going from SIM only otherwise it's six months and are now saying my upgrade date is in June.
Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's 3 months and it's quite clear in their own T&C's
https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/sim-only-upgrade-to-refresh-after-3-months-terms-and...

Currently using:
Message 9 of 12

calviin
  • 34 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Low and behold i was able to upgrade via myo2 this morning. I want to go back to live chat and rub it in their face. Duyrucduito will not know what hit him/her

Anyway i chose the iPhone X 64gb Silver to collect in store today 30GB for £78 a month plus i get o2 open discount. Not sure how much i get discounted off airtime think its 15% grin

Message 10 of 12