cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade, can I use 25% discount code on this?

Thebfg
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,

I am looking at upgrading my phone and have access to a 25% discount via my blue light card. Can I use this for an upgrade or is it new contracts only? It doesnt state and dont want to sign up for an upgrade and find it doesnt work? Says it comes off the bill so doesnt show as a discount when entered so unsure if its activated or not?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

O2Stacey
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 179 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 11 Solutions

Hi @Thebfg 

As long as you qualify for O2 Open you can get the 25% discount off of the airtime portion of your bill. It has to be added within 30 days from the date you upgrade. Please visit www.o2.co.uk/open for more details. Guide: O2 Open & Friends and Family discounts - How to sign up 

Hope this helps 

Stacey slight_smile 

signature
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Thebfg
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So do I have to apply for O2 Open even though I already have a blue light card discount code?
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Thebfg wrote:
So do I have to apply for O2 Open even though I already have a blue light card discount code?

@Thebfg 

Yes, you do Guide: O2 Open & Friends and Family discounts - How to sign up 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Thebfg
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
But if I already have a code from the blue light card app to use? I don't understand why I would need to apply for O2 Open for it to then give me a discount code when I already have one? Blue light card app doesn't state anything at all about O2 Open, they just email me the code then I apply it at checkout.
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
OK, didn't realise, just use the code you have already.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7