Did you mean: 

Unlocking iphone 7 plus after PAC code has been activated

Aike
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,
I have changed provider with one of my family phones and have asked for a PAC code from O2.
All went well and the new provider activated the code.
Unfortunately only than I found out that the phone was locked to O2.
I enquired and was told to fill the form in the my O2 app to request the phone to be unlocked.
Completed that and got confirmation that it will take 24 hours.
I called O2 the next day and they said they speed it up or check it again from there end, if nothing happens (I should reveive an email) to call back the next day.
So next day I had to call back as no email came. In the meantime the phone number has changed to the new provider and son cannot use his phone at all now. (School has started and e tickets need to be applied.)
When I phoned O2 again they advised me that the 1. request from the app had not gone through to them and the first they new about it was when I called the previous day. It was activated from than and will take three days. I have to wait until Friday to receive the email.
Friday came and went no email. When I called again I was told I did not receive an email because I have to go to carphone warehouse to get it unlocked.
So if I had not called nobody would have told me.
The phone is locked to O2, why do I need to travel the world (town) try to find parking, etc. to get the phone unlocked with a third party and who guarantees that this will happen and I am not getting send away from there with diferent excuse.
Please advise and help. I need this phone ready for school bus tickets for Monday.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Darwin01
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks to @EmilieTmy problem has now been solved. Super efficient! Thanks Emilie 🙂 

Message 11 of 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Excellent news @Darwin01.

Our 'Queen of unlocking' @EmilieT scores again. Great to hear Hero

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 13

jonsie