Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unliking a current plan

Undies70
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, had my contract now for 24 months which means I can unlink my current tariff on my phone, so I can choose between providers as long as I pay the remaining 12 months for my device plan. I ordered a new sim on a new contract with 02  so staying with o2 , however they said the can’t connect my Apple Watch to my new contract unless I pay the Watch off in full, I’m not sure why this is because I’d still be paying for the Watch and airtime every month anyway. Can someone please explain this, thanks 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@Undies70 

No idea why but it's in the T&C's for the Apple watch.

If you or O2 cancel the Paired iPhone Airtime Plan then your Watch Airtime Plan will be disconnected and, if applicable, you will also need to repay any Device Plans for your Apple Watch and Paired iPhone in full. You will receive debt collection letters for all relevant unpaid elements.

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/watch-airtime-plan-terms

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7983 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

I think that needs clarification as it effectively makes your airtime plan at least 36 months or more ( depending how far in when you took the plan for the watch)

That, of course is against OFCOM rules.

I can't see any technical reason why it cannot be applied to a new O2 airtime contract.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

The option is there to pay off any device plan fully and switch airtime plans as you wish.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12630 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

Can we get some clarification on this please @Martin-O2 @RafaC ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 6

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj. I'll flag this with the team and see what I can find out on this. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6