cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhelpful help desk

Anonymous
Not applicable

The O2 help desk chat room will not help me because my account was recently transferred to me from another member of my family having the same surname but a different initial.

This is in spite of me having the cell phone with me, being logged in to to the account and offering to read over the account address and value of the last bill, and any other information pertinent.

This clearly indicates that O2 is really not interested in supporting its customer base. I intend to transfer my cell number to another provider tomorrow and recommend to my associates that they do the same.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

Was this by calling 202 or live chat?

Transferring to another provider may prove difficult if you can't convince them the account is now in your name? Something is wrong if all the details have been transferred to you on the systems.

Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Don't you think O2 were just being protective of security? Surely someone could have their phone stolen and log into My O2 (if it's on the phone) and have access to all the information you provided them with.

I know you say all this was transferred into your name but it obviously hasn't been updated on the system

The only thing to do, as suggested, is to ring CS and speak to someone else. If you used live chat then ignore them and use the numbers here http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Btw could I just add that any account queries should always be routed through the 202 number (for pay monthly, 4445 for payg) rather than live chat.

Unfortunately live chat aren't the best at account related queries, so in future please just call up instead!

Message 4 of 4