Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected Default on Credit Record

TimFramp
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had an iPad on contract a number of years ago. It was a refresh plan and was my second iPad on the plan. All worked fine and I liked the arrangement. I had a very small inheritance and decided to repay the balance remaining on my iPad's plan. I also cancelled the data contract element of the plan as I simply wasn't using the device outside of my house. This was all done by phone.

Around that time I also moved from Kent to Surrey.

I have recently taken a new job, I work in financial services. As part of taking the job you have to have a credit check to demonstrate solvency etc. In doing this check I learned that I had a default on my record from O2 dating back to 2019 (around the time I repaid the contract) for £30. I have investigated the record and found that the balance went from being consistently at £0 as I always paid, to £12 in March 2019, then £27 in the April and £30 in the May. The default shows from July.

I knew nothing of this, as I cancelled the contract and was effectively told it would all be taken care of. I did nothing to my Direct Debit, so any extra bills could have been taken and I received no notification of monies owed, although it's possible that something was sent to me after I moved, which was not sent on.

My payment record clearly shows that I was a good customer, I cancelled my arrangement under the terms of my contract. But now I have a significant black stain on my credit record over an extremely small sum of money.

I would have been happy to pay anything I owed then and would be willing to do so now. However, it's clear that a default is not a fair outcome and would only pay on the pre-condition that the default be removed from my credit record.

I have attempted to contact O2, spoke to the debt recovery team via email at first, who gave me the email address of the relvent team (credit file referrals). However, despite an automated reply promising that they would respond, usually within 3 working days, I have had nothing back from my emails of 31st March and 10th May. I feel like I am banging my head against a wall and frankly, this is harming my career prospects over £12 unpaid/a £30 'default'.

Is there anyone at all who can help? I feel totally desperate. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@TimFramp 

Check the details you have for the CFR team:

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

They are the only ones who can help, but as this isn't anything unusual for O2 they are probably very busy!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

TimFramp
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @MI5, the email address I was given was @O2 rather than @telephonica, does that make a difference? I noticed when I searched that you'd referred someone with a similar issue in 2019 to a person on here, does it not work that way anymore? There must be someone who can help? I could lose an entire career over this.

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@TimFramp 

We have since been told that the CFR team are the only ones who can do anything.

I can tag our admin, @Martin-O2 @LukasB @TheresaV but I don't know if it will help.

The email was changed a few months ago, so best to use the latest one, just in case.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

TimFramp
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks buddy, I appreciate your help, I've tried the amended email address. Interestingly I've had the same auto-response from the O2 domain/address. If one of the tagged people could reply, that would be fab. Like I said, this is a horrible situation.

Message 5 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@TimFramp If you do send an email, please be aware of the spelling. It's @telefonica. Not with a 'ph'.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 9

TimFramp
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Edited my last reply, but you posted after. Had an auto-reply from the same O2 email address I emailed originally, so I am not optimistic about my chances of a repsonse.

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@TimFramp 

Sounds like both email address are still working then.

Our admin team won't be on until Monday, so hopefully someone can help you then.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Morning guys, 

@MI5 @Bambino thanks for trouble shooting here. You are both correct. 

@TimFramp I will send you a private message on here as I will need some information. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 9