cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unbelievably bad customer service. 8 days, hours of calling and waiting, still not resolved.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My phone service went down at my home 8 days ago.  I am self employed and use my phone for work.  o2 said a mast is broken but they have no idea of when it will be fixed because nobody can get in touch with any engineer's.  Maybe phone them?  o2 is supposed to be a phone company.

EVERY person right up to the mangers were RUDE, condesending and I left with out answer.  

Even the guy in the shop!  I have worked in call centres and realise how frustrating it can get but belive me i was nothing but polite.  

Having been an o2 customer for years and experienced nothing but great customer service i was really shoked.  I feel completly left in the dark (not only by the fact my phone is not working but by the company) and the only way to sort this is through legal action to get out of my contract so my company can get back on it's feet.  If anyone else has exprienced this please let me know because i am at my witts end.  Thank you .

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having patience is the key

Message 11 of 22

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok but why should i have a contigency plan for something i am paying for that should work? 

Because mobile phone networks are not 100% reliable. They break down. Not just O2's network. All of them. It happens. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a spare payg mobile & a landline as a back up plan

Message 13 of 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

The comparison with taking a car to the garage is a non-starter...you have an alternative such as public transport. You have left yourself in a position where you have no alternative. Incidentally, do you have a business account?

Message 14 of 22

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I asked earlier and didn't get an answer, so I guess not?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 22

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok but why should i have a contigency plan for something i am paying for that should work?  The point being i seriously think this not being sorted.  I have been fobbed off with no answer and no end in sight to my problem.  Tommorow will be 9 days. 

I appriciate telling me what the reasons are for not getting to the mast etc.  But why has o2 not given me any reason?  You would not take your car to a garage and the mechanic say "no idea when it will be fixed and we dont know whats wrong with it"  or they would deffintely get it fixed in a day or so but 8 days!?  

To be honest it is the way i have been treated that is the worst thing and that makes me angry.  And the fact that nobody has taken responsibility for the problem.  Maybe they have had cuts in thier customer service due to the reccession.  Who knows but what was once a company i stayed with soley for their customer care has turned into one who totally ignores loyal customers.   

So, you think that to run a successful business its simply enough to rely on one contact provider because that way if something goes wrong, and leaving you with no contact options, that the provider will move heaven and earth just for little old you?  Aww, sweet.  Naive, but sweet nonetheless.  Most business will always have a plan B in case of emergency. 

Secondly, you think the problem is not being sorted, because you aren't being told at every step of the way what is happening plus a timescale.  OK...so you think a company that will have thousands of customers trying to use the service in that area are going to look to annoy all of them by doing nothing about a mast failure or deliberately delaying fixing it.  Why would any company in their right mind do that?

The main reason why you're not being given a timescale is genuinely and honestly because there isn't one to give.  Harping on about it isn't helping you or anyone else.  You've been given a number of potential reasons why a fix isn't instant. 

The car garage analogy doesn't quite fit this example.  I'd liken it to a power cut, or roadworks.  You're affected by it, but aren't given exact timescales.  You don't like it, because you're not in control of that particular situation.  You just have to live with it until it's done.  Thats more like the situation you have with the mast.

The way you've been treated?  Ok so you've been told that we know about the fault, that we're working on fixing it, but there are no timescales.  That seems fair to me.  We've been honest with you.  Would you rather we lied and said "don't worry Mr Mclpw it will be fixed in exactly 2 hours, 45 minutes and 15 seconds."?  What happens when its a minute over that and it's not been fixed.  The smart thing to do is not to promise a timescale when you can't be sure its going to be fixed within the time you promise.  And thats what we do - we only give a timescale when we know, 100%, that its going to be done.  You're  a businessman, does it not make sense to you to be honest, open and not to promise what you can't deliver?  Or is it better to lie to your customer to give them an initial good feeling about things and to hell with how they feel later?

"Ignoring loyal customers".  You haven't been.  It's been explained to you that there is a problem and O2 are working on it.  Ignoring you would have been not saying anything at all.

Message 17 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually disagree.  I think anger has oftne changed many things.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_qgVn-Op7Q

Wow so i am no different than any other customer?  So they treate everyone how they have treated me?  

8 days later and it's fixed.  No appology for any rudness.  It's a shame.  Used to be a good company.

Message 18 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazing.  You are telling me that i should have a plan B?  Were is the plan B for a company worth billions plan B then? 

Message 19 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually this is all a bit creepy.  I don't know who any of you are.  Im off.

Message 20 of 22