Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use O2

Matt77
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Forgive the strange title but I really do not know how to proceed.

About two months ago my signal vanished while inside my flat. My partner also has an O2 phone and her signal vanished too. I contacted O2 via the online chat and was told that the issue would be rectified asap and was placed on a text alert to keep me uptown date regarding the repairing of a mast.

Since then nothing has happened. I have kindly been credited £20 to cover one month of usage but now I will be paying for another month without having been able to use the service. We have missed calls relating to business and even a health scare relating to my mother all because the signal has vanished. I have had full 4g for the past 3 years in the flat and 5g was even introduced about a month ago. I can walk across the road and get full signal.

When I check the status update it tells me the below. This message has been in place for a month with the only thing to change being the date.

Sorry, a phone mast close to you isn't working.

To fix the mast, we need to get into the site. We’re talking to the landlord and will enter as soon as we can. In the meantime, you might have some trouble with your calls, texts and data. Please bear with us. We’ll update you again by Friday 17th September 2021.

I really don't know what to do, I have tried calling but have been waiting for 30 minutes standing outside in the rain while on hold. Can anybody please advise?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Matt77 

Try using wifi calling https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Matt77
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for responding. I don't have wi-fi at some as I use my phone data fro everything. My partner and I both have 150gig each a month to use and find that more than adequate. I just don't know where to go from here.

Message 3 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Matt77 Without WiFi calling there's little you can do until the mast is repaired. You can call customer service and see if they will offer you another good will gesture, but there's really nothing else you can do.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4