Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send premium texts

Dissgruntled
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have unlimited texts, minutes and data but I cannot send premium rate texts to enter radio competitions. I do not have a spend cap (as confirmed by o2 customer services). I have been on to tech support numerous times and they say everything is clear and I should be able to send texts. I have a galaxy note 9 with the latest software. I ported my old number across last week from giffgaff (which is o2) and had no problems before this. Please help.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Dissgruntled 

Seems obvious that there is an account restriction of some sort, assuming you've not changed any settings on your phone since moving across to O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Dissgruntled
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No settings changed and o2 said there is no account restrictions on.

Message 3 of 5

Dissgruntled
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yesterday for about 2 hours, I was able to send a couple premium rate texts, but that only lasted 2 hours.

Message 4 of 5

LozG
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm also having this issue, it's been fine before but has now started this, I'd love to know how to sort it

Message 5 of 5